UTI Learnership Program 2019-2020 Online Application Job Opportunity
About the UTi Learnership Program
UTi Worldwide Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company that provides air and ocean freight forwarding, truckload brokerage, customs brokerage, distribution, contract logistics, inbound logistics, and other supply chain management services. The UTI Learnership program offers candidates the opportunity to learn more about their career field.
UTi serves a large and rather varied list of local and international companies in diverse fields, including companies in the apparel, automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, retail, and technology industries. These clients often have unique supply chain requirements, which UTi and its exclusive partners provide via a global network of contract logistics and distribution centers and freight forwarding offices in 144 countries.
UTi Africa sees its staff as its competitive advantage and therefore is dedicated to training individuals in the business of rapidly expanding, world-class supply chain services and integrated solutions. To this end, UTi offers learnerships, training, HIV/AIDS programmes and bursaries to our staff members. It even offers bursaries to a family of staff members on occasion.
UTi offers various annual learnerships in the Supply Chain and Logistics industry to individuals who have completed their Grade 12 and are interested in this field. There are various opportunities offered in most of the bigger centers such as Cape Town, Durban, Gauteng, and Port Elizabeth.
UTi Learnership Programmes
UTi Learnerships Programmes are open to candidates who fulfill the basic requirements. The learnership is for 12 months and consists of both theoretical and practical training.
Depending on which learnership you choose, you will gain work experience and a nationally recognized qualification in one of the following:
- Bookkeeping (Gauteng only).
- Business Administration
- Freight Forwarding
- Freight Handling
- Information Technology
- Project Management (Gauteng only)
There are certain requirements for being accepted into these learnerships:
- You must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must be in possession of a Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate; or
- You must be able to communicate professionally in English (written and verbal)
- All applicants must be able to work in a team as well as individually
- You must be able to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Candidates must have the ability to grasp and process new information
- You must be able to work without supervision.
- You must be punctual for work
- All candidates must be able and willing to commit to a 12-month, full-time contract
- You must be experienced in using MS Office and Outlook (Internet and E-Mail).
- Applicants must have some knowledge of the basic products and services offered by a logistics/distribution company
Successful candidates will be entered into a 12 month, full-time learnership contract. Time off will be given to attend theoretical training where required; these classes will take place during work hours.
A monthly stipend will be paid for the duration of the learnership.
The learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
UTI Learnerships Application Process
In order to apply for any of the above learnerships you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can get the online application form by clicking on the link provided in the online advert at Career Junction or registering online with UTi and applying once their applications are available. Once registered select learnerships under the job types tab on the left side of the screen to see available positions.
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. UTi Project Management: Gauteng Learnership)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of all your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a UTI Learnership in the Region closest to where you live.
It is important that you apply yourself to both the theoretical training and the on-the-job training and shows that you are dedicated and have a lot of potentials, as this is what employers are looking for and could make the difference between you being selected for a permanent position upon completion of your learnership or not.
Although UTi does employ many of the learners on the successful completion of their learnership, a learnership is no guarantee of employment. The workplace experience and qualification obtained during this learnership will, however, assist you a lot in your search for employment.
For any further information contact UTi South Africa, now known as DSV:
UTI Learnership Information
Applications for this learnership will open later in the year, normally around October. You can keep checking whether the learnership is open for applications yet by checking the Career Junction website (Career Junction handles all UTi Learnerships).
Read through the links on this page and look for a link that says “UTI Learnership Programme” and click on the link to see if it is the correct learnership then follow the links and instructions to apply.