Transnet Learnership Programmes 2019 -2020
About Transnet Learnerships
Every year Transnet, a leading South African logistic delivering company and State Owned Company (SOC), offers Transnet Learnership opportunities to people from different communities. These learnerships are part of the government’s National Skills Development Strategy to address the skills shortage, high unemployment and poverty in South Africa.
Transnet consists of five core operating divisions: Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA); Transnet Port Terminals (TPT); Transnet Freight Rail (TFR); Transnet Pipelines (TPL), and Transnet Rail Engineering (TE) and three specialist units: Transnet Property (TP); Transnet Foundation (TF), and Transnet Capital Projects (TCP).
Transnet Learnerships offers annual Chartered Accountants Training (CAT) Programme Learnerships, which is open to those who are doing their BCompt Hons (final year students) and BCompt Hons/final year or one year Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA) programme. Current final year CTA students may also apply.
The learnership consists of both theoretical and practical training.
Transnet Learnership Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into this learnership:
- You must be a South African citizen
- The minimum entry requirement is the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA)
- You must be doing your BCompt Hons final year, BCompt Hons/final year or one year Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA) programme, or be a final year CTA student
- Applicants must be assertive; goal oriented; honest; innovative; pro-active; reliable; supportive, and have integrity
- You must be analytical and be computer literate
- Numerical reasoning skills are integral to this type of work
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
- You need excellent time management and good interpersonal skills
- Transfers from other training organisations will not be considered
Read More : ABSA Learnerships
The Chartered Accountants Training (CAT) Programme Learnership
This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
The Learnership Programme is for a period of three years (36 months) and consists of
Transnet offers industry level support to its trainees in order to ensure their success in the programme.
The training programme provides for:
- Exam technique courses as well as revision courses for the board exams;
- General business management training
- Study leave for the board exams
- Supplementary courses
Mentors will be supplied to trainees from the CA’s within the Transnet Group. These mentors volunteer their time, passion and dedication to provide learners with leadership, empowerment, guidance and expert advice is borne of their own experience in order to ensure the success of the programme and help the trainee accountants on their career path.
All learners are supervised by line managers who will ensure that day to day training takes place, attend assessment meetings and are responsible for all other facets of the learner’s time at the company, including work-station, timesheet and leave authorization.
Transnet Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the Chartered Accountants Training (CAT) Programme Learnership, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can get the “Graduate-in-Training Application Form” by downloading it here
- The Transnet website is http://www.transnet.net
- In order to apply, you will need to register on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet, which can be done here
- Take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the learnership position using the reference given
- You can also e-mail your Completed form supported by your Curriculum Vitae to Recruitment@transnet.net
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. Chartered Accountants Training (CAT) Programme Learnership)
- Make sure that you sign the application form
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a learnership in the area closest to where you live.
Transnet Learnership Information
Applications for this learnership have already closed. The next learnership opportunity will open next year. You can keep checking whether the learnership is open for applications yet and register on the Transnet Careers page for notifications.
Transnet also offers other learnerships every year, such as the Freight Transportation Engineers’ Training Learnership. In order to access any of the learnerships at Transnet you should follow the same advice; register on the site and keep checking back to see whether any learnerships for which you qualify have opened.
Most Read Article : List of All Learnerships in South Africa 2019 – 2020