CLAW – Face to Face Tutor (3 Year Contract)
COLLEGE OF LAW
Purpose: The purpose of the position is to facilitate learning at a UNISA Regional Centre; through face-to-face and/or videoconferencing tutorials; on Saturdays and/or weekday evenings in the subjects identified.
East London, Port Elizabeth, Mthatha, Parow, George, Durban, Newcastle, Pietermaritzburg, Richards Bay, Mbizana,Johannesburg, Florida, Pretoria, Ekurhuleni, Vaal, Polokwane, Giyani, Makhado, Lephalale, Bloemfontein, Kroonstad, Mahikeng, Rustenburg, Kimberley, Qwaqwa, Kuruman, Upington Potchefstroom, Middelburg, Nelspruit, , East London andPort Elizabeth.
Face-to-Face Tutors will have the following duties:
1. Facilitate delivery of tutorial material
2. Manage students’ learning experiences face-to-face
3. Facilitate students’ interactions with their peers face-to-face
4. Provide students with the required support face-to-face
- Ability to work with adult learners.
- Willingness to undergo training on various aspects of tutoring.
- Teaching/tutoring experience will be an advantage.
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Friendly, patient and sensitive to diversity of students
- Proficiency in English
- Have passion for student-centred learning
As an Independent Contractor you will:
- Not be regarded as an employee of Unisa
- Not be entitled to any benefits such as medical aid, office space, equipment, leave (including sick leave),
in terms of the UNISA conditions of employment
- Be required to work for 15 hours per module per semester and 3 hours for year modules (excluding
- You may also be required to mark students’ assignments and examination. If this is the case, this will be
specified in an independent task agreement with its own remuneration
- Own transport is recommended
Face to Face tutor positions are available in the College of Law in the following Schools per NQF level:
SCHOOL OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
NQF LEVEL 7
SEP3703 CORPORATE INVESTIGATION III
- Diploma in Security Management – 98221 (New curriculum) which includes the Corporate Investigations III (SEP3703)
– B-Tech Security Management (required)
– Sufficient relevant experience in investigations either in the security environment or within the SAPS
SCHOOL OF LAW
- An LLB Degree, with the relevant subject as a major.
NQF LEVEL 5
CLA1501 COMMERCIAL LAW 1A
NQF LEVEL 6
SCW2601 INTRODUCTION TO LAW FOR SOCIAL WORK IIB
SSL2601 SOCIAL SECURITY LLAW
FBE2604 FORMS OF BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (LLB REQUIRED WITH MODULES: Entrepreneurial
law (MRL2601) Advanced company law (LML4806))
PUBLIC, CONSTITUTIONAL & INTERNATIONAL LAW
ADL2601 ADMINISTRATIVE LAW
CRIMINAL AND PROCEDURAL LAW
CRW2601 CRIMINAL LAW: GENERAL PRINCIPLES
The Unisa Regional Learning Centres at which the above advertised vacancies exist are listed
Your application form (see last page) must be accompanied by a COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE and; identity document (Non-SA applicants may apply with passport, work permit, permanent residence permit or proof. However the prescribed policy and procedures will be followed for appointment) (certified copies
within the previous six months); all educational qualifications (certified copies within the previous six months); academic transcripts/records (certified copies within the previous six months); proof of SAQA verification for foreign qualifications (if applicable) (certified copies within the previous six months)
Applications to be emailed to CLAWFACE-TO-FACETUTOR@unisa.ac.za
- UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
- The contact details of three contactable references must be provided.
- Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- Unisa is not obliged to fill an advertised position
- Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan and other applicable legislation
Closing Date: 26 November 2018
General Enquiries: Ms Mildred Moshodi – 012 429 8396
Ms Suzan Phaahla – 012 429 8693
Assumption of duty: February 2019